A number of people have been in touch to ask how they can help The Witham during this unprecedented crisis. They recognise we will need support to build our resilience to enable our reopening when allowed. Individuals’ prompting has suggested we contact you to highlight how you can help.
Please consider taking at least one of the following philanthropic actions to increase our resilience:
- Join The Witham Friends – click here. Annual membership runs from the start of the month in which you join, and the cost is £25 for one and £40 for two people living at the same address and registering at the same time. Please say yes to Gift Aid when prompted to increase your donation by 25%.
- Donate or set up a standing order through our JustGiving page, remembering to tick yes to Gift Aid when prompted.
- If you are not comfortable making online donations, you can also set up a standing order through your bank using our Standing Order form here, but in that case please also send us a completed Gift Aid form so that we can claim back the extra 25%.
If you would rather send us a cheque, please complete it to The Witham Hall Limited and post this to The Witham, 3 Horsemarket, Barnard Castle DL12 8LY. Please complete the Gift Aid form and send this with your cheque to increase your donation by 25%.
2019 was a turning point for The Witham. In addition to a raft of fantastic community projects that were delivered, we saw real progress across our key areas of operation:
- Increased sales by 33% across all ticketed activities.
- Increased shop takings by over 100% compared to 2018.
- Increased our café takings by 34% and the bar by 33%.
It would be devastating if all this progress became a lost opportunity due to COVID-19. Please help us build on these strong foundations by taking positive action today.
Thank you all for your messages of support.
Witham Trustees and Susan Coffer, Centre Manager