Centre Manager Susan Coffer reflects on the year’s achievements and looks forward to a successful 2020 at Barnard Castle’s community arts centre:
We would like to thank everyone – from our staff, volunteers and trustees to visitors, the wonderful groups that hire our space, businesses and the whole Teesdale community – for your ongoing support of Barnard Castle’s community arts centre.
It’s been a successful year for The Witham, thanks to your help as we have extended our programme to include more events that appeal to a wider range of people. In 2019, The Witham has:
- Increased sales by 33% across all ticketed activities.?
- Increased shop takings by over 100% compared to 2018.?
- Increased our café takings by 34% and the bar by 33%.?
- Seen over 200 people participate in classes every week with an additional 200 people attend monthly meetings and classes (like those attending one of our Singing for Fun sessions in the photo above).?
- Welcomed four schools for 15 visits this year. ?
- Enjoyed the visits of two nurseries 9 times for various activities.?
While these figures are encouraging and give us reason to celebrate, there is still much to do and lots of seats to fill in 2020. We will continue to listen and respond to your feedback at The Witham so please keep talking to us about what you would like to see happening. Please do explore our new programme of events – and we will look forward to welcoming you here in 2020!
The Witham is open on Monday 23rd December for last minute Christmas gifts and treats in the café and then closed until Friday 3rd January at 9.30 am.